East New York Farms! grows fresh food for our community and provides support to help others do the same. We manage urban farms — the UCC Youth Farm — and work with an ever-growing network of gardeners representing backyard gardens and many of the over 60 community gardens throughout East New York.
We work with backyard and community gardeners in East New York. Whether you are a brand new gardener or have decades of experience, we are here to help. Some of the resources we offer include:
- Workshops, plant sale, and supply distributions--See our Calendar Page.
- Crop planning and technical assistance.
- Connecting new members to community gardens.
- Vending opportunities at our Farmers Markets.
- Mini-grants for projects that will increase food access in East New York.
Please contact Sadatu Usman, Community Gardens Organizer, to see how we can help: email@example.com or 718-649-7979
All of our services are free of charge to the community!
We offer two mini-grant cycles a year for food access projects.
Map of Participating Gardens
East New York Gardeners Handbook
We created a handbook to help gardeners with the essential aspects of running a productive and inclusive garden in East New York. Available for download free here, and available in hard copy at select workshops throughout the year.